Starting in the Spring of 2023, some workshops are now in-person, in Foxboro. Please check the workshop description carefully on the continuing education calendar.
Our goal as an educational institution is provide trainings that increase your knowledge and confidence and broaden your horizons and capabilities as a healthcare provider. Continuing education is available live, online, hybrid, and in home study formats.
We offer single-session trainings and multisession thematic tracks on such specialties as trauma, expressive therapies, children, diversity, as well as tracks leading to basic and advanced certifications in clinical supervision.
MaMHCA’s continuing education workshops are specifically designed to meet the needs of LMHCs in Massachusetts at all levels in their career and are preapproved by MaMHCA/MCEAP for LMHC License renewal as the designated CE approval entity for the LMHC licensing board.
We offer CE sessions focused on:
- Preparing for the LMHC Exam, and License Application completion - for Students or New Professionals
- Private Practice Development - for LMHCs
- MaMHCA Certified Clinical Supervisor Training Program - for those interested in increasing their competency as a supervisor, or accelerating their path to becoming an Approved Supervisor; learn more here
- Annual Conferences - held each Fall are an opportunity to network with other LMHCs while learning about new/emerging areas in the field and earn at least 6 CEUs; learn more here
- MaMHCA Home Study Book Program - options can earn 10 CEUs for each book read; learn more here
Additionally, we offer multiple tracks each year focusing on a specific subject, typically during our Summer Institute. Examples of tracks include:
- Trauma Treatment
- Expressive Therapies
- Diversity/Equity and Inclusion
- All LMHCs are required to obtain 30 CEUs every 2 years to renew their license. Each 2-year license renewal cycle runs from January 1 of the even numbered year through December 31 of the odd numbered year.
- The Board of Allied Mental Health conducts random audits to evaluate LMHC compliance with the CE requirements every license renewal cycle.
- LMHCs can lose their license for failure to comply with CE requirements.
- Complete Guidelines for LMHCs on Continuing Education are available below.